I don’t know if I will make this every year but I do want my kid to experience his Japanese culture. I might need to check with my mother-in-law how to make it as husband said it taste different from home.
Things I have to do for my husband and kid.
Anyway, below are the items:
- Salmon Grilled in Kyoto-Style White Miso
- Shrimp Simmered & Glazed in Light Dashi
- White Turnip Pickled in Sweet Vinegar
- Kinton (Mashed Sweet Potatoes) with Chestnuts
- Black Beans & Strawberries Marinated in Cointreau Liqueur
- Decoratively Cut Boiled Fish Paste (Camellia Flowers)
7. Ozoni (Rice-Cake Soup) with White Miso
8. Easy Chikuzenni (Chicken Stew with Root Vegetables) Made in a Cooking Bag
I did order osechi from Oisix as the cooked portion is only meant for one person. I will share where to order osechi in Hong Kong in another post.